Terms and Conditions local
Requirements for Car Hire
Renter must have a valid license held for at least one year.
Either EU driving license or when applicable an International along with the national license.
Minimum Renter’s age: 19 (small Cars Group A, B, C)
Minimum Renter’s age: 21+ (Cars Group D, )
Minimum Renter’s age: 23+ (Cars Group HA,Cabriole )
Minimum Renter’s age: 25+ (others plus Mini Buses, SUV's, Jeeps, )
Renter must have at least one licensed year of driving experience and 3 years expirence for Groups D,E,F,G,H..
Renter must have a valid credit or debit card in their name and an additional form of ID.
Rates are calculated based on charges for each vehicle type, administration fees, the duration of the rental, insurance costs and taxes, and delivery and collection time and location.
Rates vary, according to demand, discounts and campaigns, time of year and location. Rates are subject to chance without notice. These rate terms apply for this specific rental.
In the base rental rate, we include third-party insurance and road assistance. Legal liability Insurance. This insurance covers all authorized drivers against damages to third party property or persons in case of death or injuries, including passengers and drivers of the Eurodriver car during the rental period. This is subject a to General Terms of the Eurodriver insurance contract with its Insurer. VAT and local taxes. There is unlimited mileage with Eurodriver car rental.
(Collision damage waiver) If the rental car is damaged by vehicle accident or fire, or stolen, the renter will be covered for the costs of repairs for the Eurodriver vehicle. The renter will be responsible for a deductible amount in accordance with the rental category.
Group A-B 500 euro deductible (renter’s responsibility).
Group D- 700 euro. deductible (renter’s responsibility).
Group E-F 900 euro. deductible (renter’s responsibility).
Full Insurance Plus
*This insurance is not avaiable for young drivers or drivers over the age of 72.
The Eurodriver rental car is fully covered for damages from accidents, fire, or theft, including repairs for crystals and mirrors. Additionally, customers are covered for the value of the vehicle if the rental car is stolen during the rental period. Additionally The insurance covers the cost of repairs if the rental car is damaged by an uninsured third party during the rental.
Please note that your liability for damage or loss of the rental vehicle may not be reduced by any insurance in cases where you or an authorized driver are found to be negligent. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Damage caused by drivers who are not registered on the rental agreement.
- Damage caused after the expiration of the rental contract in the case of unauthorized late returns.
- Driving on beaches and causing damage from salt water and sand.
- Ignoring warning lights and resulting damage.
- Burning out the clutch or using the handbrake improperly.
- Striking overhead objects or driving under low clearances.
- Driving on poor road conditions and causing damage to the undercarriage or scratches to body and skirt or rims.
- Driving through flooded roads resulting in damage to the engine or electronics.
- Putting the wrong fuel in the vehicle or contaminating the fuel.
- Damage to wheel, rims and tire from driving with a flat tire.
- Adding unauthorized objects to the interior or exterior of the vehicle.
- Carrying dirty or smelly materials that cause extra cleaning costs or damage the interior.
- Damage resulting from leaving the windows open.
- Repair costs for damage to the interior as a result of liquid spills, chemical spills, blood, urine or feces are the renters responsibility.
- Costs of repairs or replacements of extras, such as baby seats, first aid kits, fire extinguishers, mobile phone holders.
Young drivers surcharge
Young drivers (up to the age of 25) are not able to purchase Full insurance Plus and there is an additional young driver surcharge of €7 per day that is not included in the rental rate. A credit card or cash security deposit may be required and will be refunded upon the return of the undamaged rental item. Personal Accident Insurance is provided for drivers and passengers, as well as Theft Waiver with a 500 euro deductible and Third Party Insurance or Public Liability Insurance. Breakdown service is included throughout the Island of Crete, the rental includes unlimited mileage, VAT 24% and local taxes. The minimum rental period is 3 days for online rentals and the minimum license requirement is one year of being a qualified driver. Young driver Insurance Collision Damage Waiver (Full Insurance) has a 500 euro deductible for Cars Group A, B and C.
Drivers over the age of 72 years.
Drivers over the age of 72 years are not able to purchase Full insurance Plus. A credit card or cash security deposit may be required and will be refunded upon the return of the undamaged rental item. (Collision damage waiver) If the rental car is damaged by vehicle accident or fire, or stolen, the renter will be covered for the costs of repairs for the Eurodriver vehicle. The renter will be responsible for a deductible amount in accordance with the rental category.
Group A-C 500 euro deductible (renter’s responsibility).
Group D- 700 euro. deductible (renter’s responsibility).
Group E-F 900 euro. deductible (renter’s responsibility).
Premium Roadside Assistance
This service covers incidents that don't involve mechanical breakdowns or accidental damage, such as being locked out of the vehicle, running out battery, or running out of fuel... We'll get you back on the road with no call-out charges. Additional 10€ per day.
- Covers being locked out of vehicle (Does not include the cost to replace a key.)
- Flat tires and batteries.
- Running out of fuel. (Does not include the value of added fuel.)
Baby Seats and Booster Seat
Additional charge of 2€ per day for a booster seat.
3€ per day for a forward facing baby seat.
4€ per day for new born seat rear facing baby seat.
Out of hours delivery
For pick up and drop off service out of office hours there is an additional charge of 25€. Out of office hours are hours that fall between 23:00 and 08:00am.
Unlimited kilometers are included in the price.
Not included in the Rental Rate or covered by any Insurance
- The renter, or named drivers, are the only individuals insured to drive the rental vehicles. Driving the vehicle by anyone other than the named driver will result in prosecution and any damages caused by an unauthorized driver will be the responsibility of the renter.
- Traffic violations, parking tickets or fines incurred during the rental period are also the responsibility of the renter.
- Damage caused by drinking and driving or being under the influence of narcotics is not covered by insurance.
- Off-road driving. Driving on any road or path without asphalt is prohibited. Any costs resulting from recovering a vehicle or damages caused by driving on unsuitable roads will be the renter's responsibility.
- It is the renter's responsibility to keep the vehicle's required documentation with them during the rental period and failure to return the documentation at the end of the rental will result in a 15 euro administrative charge.
- The renter is not permitted to re-hire or use the vehicle for transporting persons for profit.
- Neglectful or drunk driving, driving under the influence of drugs, driving on unauthorized roads (without asphalt or black top)and obvious acts of indifference to the vehicle and rental agreement may result in the renter being responsible for full charges.
- Returning the vehicle excessively dirty interior. Costs incurred for damages to the interior caused by liquid spills, chemical spills, blood urine or feces are the renters responsibility.
- Vehicles must be returned in the same condition as at the start of rental. There is a valet charge of 50€ for excessively dirty vehicles.
Parking ticket, traffic violations, towing fees, recovery fees on unauthorized or unsealed roads. Toll booth fees during the rental period are all the renters responsibility.
Cancellations made after booking confirmation must be requested via email and are subject to a €50 fee. Refunds, if applicable, will be issued via the payment method, and may include transaction and currency conversion fees. The amount refunded will depend on the number of days notice given before the rental commencement date:
- Cancellations made up to 2 days before the rental commencement date will be fully refunded the deposit, minus a €50 cancellation fee.
- Cancellations made less than 48 hours before the rental commencement date be refunded minus 1 days rental plus cancellation fee.
- In cases of no-shows, the deposit will not be refunded.
- No refunds will be given for early returns. Eurodriver will not be held responsible for any losses, expenses, or inconvenience resulting from cancellations.
Rental vehicles must be returned at the designated rental return location and time as stated on the rental agreement.
Unauthorized, extension of the rental period.
There is a minimum charge of one daily rental for delayed returns for each 12 hours after arranged return time. If the vehicle is not returned within 24 hours of the agreed upon return date and time, the vehicle will be reported as stolen.
If the vehicle is not returned at all, or is returned late in a damaged condition, the renter will be charged for all repairs and replacement costs.
In case of unauthorized late return, the renter will be responsible for all costs associated with recovering the vehicle, including but not limited to impound fees, towing charges, and legal expenses.
Late Pick ups (start of rental)
If the renter is more than 2 hours late for the scheduled pick-up time, without informing our office , the reservation will be considered a no-show and may be cancelled. No show refund policy applies. For airport/port deliveries with flight numbers, no fee is charged if delay is due to flight alterations.
Every customer will receive orientation to the vehicle they have selected to rent. The client orientation will cover features on the vehicle and safe operation, the clients’ maintenance responsibilities, local and state laws. Pre existing marks and damages on the car noted and signed off by both the renter and the Eurodriver representative.
Bookings are made for category and not specific model. Eurodriver reserves the right to substitute the vehicle confirmed to rental client. Should Eurodriver not be able to provide confirmed category a similar or higher category will be provided to the client. This constitutes the maximum liability of Eurodriver.
Fuel costs are client’s responsibility. Your vehicle will be delivered with a certain amount of fuel and you will have to return it with the same amount. Eurodriver claims no responsibility for fuel consumption and mileage.
Vehicle drop-offs in Different Location is not permitted, unless the Renter, Request this Option when submitting the Booking, additional Collection charges apply depending on the Pick-up Location. You will be informed about the costs showing those fees on your Booking Confirmation,
Geographic Area Restrictions
The Eurodriver car can be driven all over Crete. Shipping or Transportation outside of Crete Island, to other the islands and the mainland is not allowed, without written authorization from Eurodriver.
In case of accident or damage
It is important to report any accidents or damages as soon as they occur by either telephoning, texting or whats app messaging the emergency contact number on the top of your rental agreement. In the case of accidents involving third parties, authorities and insurance companies will also be informed as necessary. In case of injury to persons either passenger in the Eurodriver car or third parties during the rental period, authorities must be informed immediately. Emergency services in Greece can be reached by telephone on the following free of charge:
Fire Department 199.
Why choose Eurodriver for your car rental choice?
Easy, Clear and Rental Procedure, from booking engine to warm welcome back at the end of your rental.
Established in 1996. We've more than 25 years of experience that you can count on.
We understand the value of your time. - Avoid the queues -Free delivery and collection to your hotel.
Book Now. Pay on arrival!